What will Santa bring you this Year?
I bring you the next part of my NeoGeo related NGFX-toolchain.
When I started the development of 'BlutEngel2' I used NeoSoundBilder from NeoBitz but I came across some problems - it was not compatible with my NeoGeoCD-AIO-files. After research and help from some people, I was able to develop my own Z80 driver which covered ADPCM-A, ADPCM-B & CDDA-playback.
The GUI (inspired by NeoBitz) has caused me more headache than the z80 part... but now it seems ready for release!
Merry Christmas and prosperous New Year!
3 types of Z80 suported:
- CART-PrePCM (2MB ADPCM-A & 2MB ADPCM-B)
- CART (16MB mixed ADPCM-A & -B)
- NGCD (1MB ADPCM-A) & up to 98 CDDA-Tracks
- Channel 1-5 'round robin' like 'NeoBitz Neo Sound Builder'
- Channel 6 BGM & BGM looped like 'NeoBitz Neo Sound Builder'
- Volume per Sample (0-100%)
- Panning per Sample (Left/Center/Right)
- Panning (Left/Center/Right)
- 0x11 ADPCM_STOP
- 0x12 ADPCMA_STOP
- 0x13 ADPCMB_STOP
- 0x14 ADPCM_SET_MAX_VOL
- 0x15 ADPCM_MUTE
- 0x16 ADPCM_DEC_VOL
- 0x17 ADPCM_INC_VOL
- 0x18 ADPCM_FADE_OUT
- 0x19 ADPCM_FADE_IN
- 0x1d CDDA_STOP
- 0x1e CDDA_PAUSE
- 0x1f CDDA_RESUME
- WAV (8 & 16BIT / Mono & Stereo)
- NAS ('Neo Audio Sample' but I call it 'Neo adpcm-A Sample')
- NBS ('Neo adpcm-B Sample)
- WAV (16Bit Mono, Frequency depends on SampleType)
- NSL (NeoBitz Neo Sound Library)
- NSL (NGFX, includes all new Features) <- autodetect
- NSL (NeoBitz Neo Sound Library, but you will loose new Features)
- NSL (NGFX, Standard)
- Z80 64 entry FIFO memory
- autosize/autotrim ADPCM-A & -B (256b-1MB / 256b-16MB)
- Bank autoselection
- Eyecatcher command (0x02) available (+64KB Mono Or +128KB Stereo)
- outputs C-File & ASM-File
- full Drag'n'drop support (NSL, WAV, NAS, NBS)
- plays all samples incl. loop, volume & panning
- plays CDDA from CD-Drive If available
Special Thanks To:
- Jeff Kurtz (Idea & Concept 'Neo Sound Builder')
- freem (Examplesources & Docs)
- Furrtek (Examplesources)
- To all wiki-contributors